FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING FOR ALL ORDERS OVER $100
Exfoliation Part 3: The Process
Exfoliating Using Wet Scrubbing
- Choose the type of exfoliant you will use. For this series, we recommend using a our delectable Spa Scrub.
- Allow the shower to run over your skin for a few minutes. Use warm water (not hot water, which can dry your skin).
- Apply a Spa Sugar Scrub to your body and rub over your moist skin in circular motions.
- Rinse skin with warm water and pat dry (never rub).
- Follow with a moisturizer, as necessary. With our spa scrub, you won't need to apply any additional lotion or creams!
- Repeat every 3-7 days, based on your skin sensitivity level.
Exfoliate Using Dry Brushing
- Using a body brush with natural bristles, start with your legs and brush up towards your heart (where lymph nodes drain), working in small sections at a time.
- Use small, firm (but gentle) strokes upwards or in a circular motion.
- On your stomach, work in counter clockwise pattern.
- Be sure not to press too hard or use too stiff of a brush.
- If dry brushing your face, use a gentler brush
- This process can be used before showering.
- After shower, follow with your favorite lotion or body butter. Our Better Than Butter Moisturizer is great!
Exfoliating Your Face (Sensitive Skin)
- Wet a terry cloth with warm water. Wring out most of the water and place it on your face for 1-2 minutes. This will open up your pores making Exfoliation easier.
- Apply a mild facial cleanser to the terry cloth (of you can also use a loofah face scrub or a facial brush) and rub on face in a circular motion. Start at the nose, move to the forehead and continue with the rest of the face.
- Rinse face with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply a light moisturizer to your face.
- Repeat this procedure once a week and closely monitor how your skin reacts. If it becomes irritated, reduce to once every 2 weeks or once per month.